Thursday, 3 February 2011

DYSU Challenge #5 - Red Hot!!




I cannot believe how many entries we are getting to our challenges over on Do You Stack Up.  You are all amazing and thanks for joining in each week.

This week's challenge is "Red Hot" .  So we want to see the colour red on your creation.


We have three lovely sponsors this week. 


Create with TLC who is giving a winner a $10 Gift Certificate for digital images

 and


Sassy Studios Designs who are giving a winner four digi images from their store.

and

Copic Marker Scrapbooking who are giving a winner 6 Copic Ciao Markers.

I have used a lovely sentiment from Create with TLC and made a fairly simple card.


I printed the words "An Everlasting" directly onto the card and then printed the word "Love" onto another piece of card in red.  I cut this out on the Cuttlebug and inked inside the die to give the red border and distressed the edge of the main card.  The flourishes on the corners and beneath the wording have been stamped using  Personal Impressions clear stamps - "Swirls and Flourishes 1".


The red heart is cut from a 6" x 6" Basic Grey paper pad - "Scarletts Letter" .  I added some clear gems, which I have coloured using a Promarker, around the top of the heart and then attached the "Love" sentiment to it.   A red satin bow and heart charm which I had in my stash, completes the design.  I think the charm actually came off an old bracelet I had!! (Never throw anything away).  I also coloured some more gems and stuck them randomly onto the stamped flourishes.



To decorate the inside, I cut a smaller heart and used the flourish stamp on two corners. I used my own wording for the sentiment and again cut it out on the Cuttlebug and inked inside the die. And that's my card!!!

Please do go over to the DYSU challenge blog and see the other DT's creations.  They are once again, varied and truly amazing and will certainly give you a lot of inspiration to join in the challenge.

Thanks for looking and for all your lovely comments.

Hugs and Happy Crafting
Denise xx

12 comments:

Jo said...

Totally wonderful!

WencheP said...

Beautiful! It's so elegant....

Hugs,
Wenche

sandiblu said...

Beautiful Denise, Love the way you have stamped on different levels !!

Hugs, sandiblu xx

Janna said...

Denise, I totally love ur red hot card, especially the embellie! Janna

princesskitten said...

love those swirley corners

Kim Piggott said...

Oh my Denise this is utterly fabulous!
hugs
kim x

Kali said...

this card is very beautyful :)
many greetings
kali

Marcy said...

Beautiful card, Denise. Very classy!

*Alison* said...

this is adorable.. I love all the wonderful little details you have on your creation.. HUGS

Peggysue said...

Denise, this card is gorgeous. I love that red heart and it just dominates the card. Great job finishing the interior--my nemesis!

Miranda said...

fantastic card Denise, I love the layout and the swirls you have used, it's so gorgeous
hugs
Miranda

CreatewithTlc said...

Love how the card turned out.
Pleasure being a sponsor.
Paulette, TlcCreations