Friday, 21 January 2011

Mixed Emotions

Today I am a very mixed up lady - emotionally!!  Why, I hear you ask. My beautiful daughter Louise, flew out of Heathrow last night on an adventure of a lifetime - she is climbing Mount Kilimanjaro to raise money for MacMillan Cancer Support.  She has done really well with her sponsorship - she has raised over £5,000!!!  So obviously I am very, very proud of her but  also worried silly.  Tanzania is a heck of a long way away and we will not have any contact with her.


Her decision to climb the mountain came about last year when her friend Jazz, who is only 32, was diagnosed with cancer of the cervix. Thankfully, following a major operation, the tumor has finally been removed and Jazz is now on a very slow road to recovery.

My pride for my daughter is endless and I wish her the very best of luck.  This experience will stay with her forever and she should feel very proud of herself. We will post pictures of her journey after she returns on 30th January.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Hugs
Denise xx

7 comments:

WencheP said...

I wish your daughter good luck on the trip to Kilimanjaro...

I wish I could go with her, always wantet to climb the Kilimanjaro....

Best wishes,
Wenche

princesskitten said...

Completly understand - but what a journey. Can't want to see the pics

sandiblu said...

Hi Denise, I am keeping everything crossed for your daughter although, I am sure she will be fine and have the time of her life. It must be wonderful to have a friend like her !!!!

Hugs, sandiblu xx

Vixx handmade cards said...

Hi Denise, your daughter is so brave to climb kilimanjiro, but what an adventure for her! I'm sure she will be fine and safe and for such a worthy cause :o)

Cannot wait to see the beautiful photo's hun when she retiurns,

Hugs Vicky xx

Kim Piggott said...

Oh Denise you must be so proud!
What an amazing thing to do.
hugs
kim x

Miranda said...

I can understand you have mixed feelings about this, but she 's really doing a great job, climbing kilimanjaro, I wish her good luck

hugs
Miranda

Peggysue said...

i can just imagine how you feel. Its hard being a Mom, isn't it. Louise has a heart of gold & I wish her great luck on her adventure. And Hang in there Mom!!