Thursday, 20 January 2011

DYSU Challenge #3 - Pink


Good Morning All,

This week at Do You Stack Up, we are thinking Pink.


We have two wonderful sponsors this week:



who are giving the winner 3 digital stamps from their store
and


who are giving 7 digital stamps from their store.

Below is my contribution using a lovely Pink Gem design called Mrs Hoot. Do pop over to DYSU and see the rest of the team's wonderful creations which will hopefully inspire you to join in with this weeks challenge.


I have coloured the image using mainly Promarkers but have used some Coloursoft pencils for added shading. The DP is some I found in my stash but unfortunately, I cannot remember where I got it - sorry!!  The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the pink leaves are a Doohickey die from Magnolia, as is the scalloped edges on the pink paper.




I have edged the main design and the flowers with Stardust Stickles and also added it to the bow on Mrs Hoot's head and the butterflies. The ribbon again is from my stash and the Best Wishes circle if from Craftwork Cards. Finally, I have decorated the inside to complete my card.



The scalloped circle has been cut on the Cuttlebug and slipped into the pocket so it can be removed for writing a message on.



Thank you for looking today and I hope you like.  Please do go over to the DYSU challenge blog and join in the fun. I look forward to seeing and commenting on all your wonderful entries.

Hugs
Denise xx


12 comments:

Peggysue said...

Oh my gosh! I love the image, the plaid paper and the neat flower arrangement. You do a super job on the interior!! Great idea to have a pocket for a note card. Very inspiring.

WencheP said...

I love it! Love the way you have colored the image.

Hugs,
Wenche

Janna said...

hi denise, the card is really sweet! janna

Jo said...

So cute Denise! Love the inside and your colouring is fab!

Maritha said...

That is a stunning card.....really stunnig and a lovely stamp,i just loooooove owls!! =)

Hugs Maritha

sandiblu said...

Stunning card denise, I love the colouring and the image is tooooo cute !!

Hugus, sandiblu xx

Miranda said...

this is such a adorable card and the inside is just as pretty, great details

hugs
Miranda

*Alison* said...

what a beautiful creation.. I love the way you colored your image and your card is great!

Marcy said...

Wow, amazing! I love the inside almost as much as the outside...LOL Hugs, Marcy

Keely Yowler said...

I love your beautiful card, Denise! The stickles are perfect.

princesskitten said...

Love the way you have used these colours - beautiful

kitten

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card!