Thursday, 13 January 2011

DYSU Challenge #2 - Distressed



It's week 2 over at Do You Stack Up but first,  I would like to say WOW...what a great first challenge we had.  So many lovely entries - over 150!! Not bad for our very first challenge. Thank you all who participated and congrats to all those winners.

The theme for this week is No Stress, Distress!.


We are being sponsored  by Whoopsi Daisy Digi Stamps, who are offering 2 sheets of their Digital Stamps.


So without further ado, here is my offering. 


For this card, I have used Pink Petticoat papers from the Vintage Rose collection.  I was looking for a pale, slightly worn wallpaper look and think these worked really well. I have roughed up the edges and then distressed with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Weathered Wood. The lacy border and flourish are Magnolia Doohickey dies.



The image is coloured with Promarkers and the organza ribbon is from my stash.  I have finished off with a flower charm from The Hobby House.





I hope you like and that my card will inspire you to enter our great challenge. Please pop over to DYSU and see all the other DT's great creations. They are really inspiring.


Thanks for looking.
Hugs
Denise xx



10 comments:

Janna said...

hey denise :) i love this pastell-vintage style of your card, it fits the image so well! janna

Jo said...

Such a sweet card Denise, love how you created the depth with the grey shadow around her and also how you decorated the inside - I rarely do that as I am too lazy! But it really makes a card something special doesn't it!?

WencheP said...

Adorable card, the image is so sweet and I love the bow.

Hugs,
Wenche

Peggysue said...

Ohhh, pretty! I love those papers, I don't have any of Pink P. papers. Maybe I should?! Also wish I had that swirl die! *sigh* And you finished the interior beautifully. Great card.

Kim B said...

Very pretty love the layout too. Hugs, Kim

princesskitten said...

love the swirls and the colours - would love a bathroom in these colours

sandiblu said...

Gorgeous card Denise, those papers are just right for the image!!

Hugs, sandiblu xx

Wishcraft said...

Such a lovely card Denise! Love those soft pretty papers and the doo-hickey dies look fab :o) Lisa x

Marcy said...

I love your card, Denise. It is so soft and feminine...beautiful! Hugs, Marcy

Miranda said...

lovely card, the colours are so sweet
and even the inside of your card is lovely

hugs
Miranda