Saturday, 20 November 2010

Snowman 2

Hi All,

Hope you are enjoying your Saturday.

Today I am posting another card I made with one of last year's Whiff of Joy Snowman stamps - love these. I have used some gorgeous papers from Craft Creations and paper pieced the snowman's hat, gloves and scarf (must be honest here - got this idea from Bev Rochester. If you have not yet seen her blog, you really must pop over there. Her creations are out of this world!).


I have distressed the papers with "Weathered Wood" distress ink and coloured the snowman with Promarkers. The embellishments are some I had left over from last Christmas and the sentiment is from Craftwork Cards (of course!!).




Quite a simple card, but I think it works well.  Hope you agree!!!

I have entered this card into the following challenges:

Totally Gorjuss 57 - Not So Traditional
Paper Play Challenges 10 - Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow
Stamping for the Weekend 51 - Winter
Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog 47 - Anything Christmassy/Winter

As usual - thanks very much for looking,

Hugs
Denise xx

7 comments:

Suzilou said...

Lovelly card Denise, I am really loving the red and white theme for christmas cards and your right those papers are gorgeous xx

tiggertastic said...

i adore this image and your use of it in this card is just outstanding, lovely layout and style to this make

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog xx

wishing you a lovely weekend, hugs, sarah xx

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card :o) Fab snowman, love those papers and that gorgeous flower! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog - love yours too and am following you now. Lisa x

Vixx handmade cards said...

Gorgeous card Denise!, love this snowman and fab colour combo too,
hugs Vicky xx

sandiblu said...

Adore the snowman and love the flower Denise !
You're right .... it DOES work.

Hugs, Sandiblu xx

Squirrel x said...

Oh so beautiful, just gorgeous hun. Thanks for playing at TG this week. Sxx

Ms. Jen said...

Great card! I love the flower and that red really stands out! Saw it at stampin for the wknd and just had to get a closer look. Thanks