Sunday, 21 November 2010

Little Light of Mine



Morning All,

Am back again with another card which is going into the Sugar Bowl challenge # 48.  Marlene has given us a lovely sketch to follow with a theme of black and white + one. The lucky winner will get the whole collection of Leanne Ellis' new ‘Alice’ rubber stamps (which have not yet been officially previewed) and a set of nestabilities. Would I love to win this or what???!!!!


Anyways, here is my card. 


I have used one of the new Simply Sassy stamps and papers from Pink Petticoat - the Lola's Boutique collection - don't think they do this one anymore - sorry.  The image has been coloured with Promarkers and Coloursoft pencils and I have added a small sentiment of my own. I had wanted to add a lilac ribbon but do you think I could find one to match - not a chance and you should see the amount of ribbon I have in my drawer!!! However, I don't think it misses a ribbon too much.



But that's not all folks!  I really went to town with this one.  I have decorated the inside of the card and added a great little poem by Spike Milligan and I have even lined the envelope.  What fun have I been having?! (housework can wait)






That's all for today - guess I ought to go do that housework - yuk!!

Thank you for all your lovely comments and do please keep coming back - you inspire me to keep crafting.

Huge hugs

Denisexx

8 comments:

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow!
This is utterly gorgeous!
Wonderful design and colours and love that matching envelope too!
hugs
kim x

Pat said...

WOW!!!! Oh Denise, you really did go "all out" on this creation, didn't you?! I love everything about it! Well, of course, you know that I simply ADORE each and every one of the Simply Sassy images....too dang cute!! And your DPs and sentiments are just perfect for this little lady!! And you ever decorated your envelope with the DP!! YIKES!! Thanks so much for playing in this fortnight's Sugar Bowl Challenge!! Pat Frank

Erika said...

Wow Denise I love your card. The colouring is fabby and I love your wording and quote, so apt. These new stamps are "fabulous!"
Thanks for taking part in the Sugar bowl challenge, happy crafting. x

sandiblu said...

Absolutely gorgeous Denise. I love the sassy stamps and what you have done with it !!!

Hugs, Sandiblu xx

Suzilou said...

Gosh you have been a busy girl! That image is soooo cool and love the papers and fab envelope. Am with you on the housework :) xx

mar1ene said...

Sooooooo adorable Denise!, Love it!


Thanks for playing with us at the Sugar Bowl :)

Marlene x

sallysbitz said...

What a smashing card, you really have gone to town. Love the colouring & the matching envelope is divine xx

You coloured your image with promarkers, a tip i picked up is that if you want a perfect match, you can colour a white piece of ribbon with a promarker, it soaks through, & it does really work xx

Zoe said...

Really nice job on your light source. Beautiful colouring. hugs xxoo