Monday, 16 August 2010

What a Star!!

Morning All,

Today is my Birthday, which is why I am not at work and able to post an entry at a reasonable time today!!!

Below is the lovely sketch by Marlene for the Sugar Bowl Challenge which I had great fun making a card for. The theme is Something Old, Something New.




The Something Old is of course the Gorjuss Girl which I have had for some time now. The Something New are the Pink Petticoat papers - "Vintage Rose" which I recently purchased. Aren't they gorgeous?


I cut two stars on my Cricut and have edged all the papers in Distress inks. The message is a Whiff of Joy stamp and for a final touch, I have added Star Dust stickles. The image is coloured with Coloursoft pencils, blended with Sansodor.


For the insert, I cut fourteen smaller stars which have been distressed around the edges and stickled. These were stuck onto the polka dot paper used for part of the larger star on the front of the card.

I have also entered this into Challenge #44 over at Totally Gorjuss - all they want is to see a star on the card. Got plenty of those!!!

Hope you like it.
Thanks for looking!
xx Denise xx




7 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Denise,
Just passing by... Your card looks great! I love your insert, very beautiful!
Julie

sallysbitz said...

Happy Birthday... seems like you have had a fun day making this fab card xx

Lilian said...

Happy Birthday! I wrote a real long comment but it got erase somehow lol! Your card is really gorgeous! I love the glittered edges, mix of papers and color combination! Beautiful coloring of the image too. You really were inspired in making this card :) Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl Challenge!

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow belated birthday wishes to you hope you had a wonderful day!
Your card is absolutely amazing!
Such beautiful work!
hugs
kim x

Mary J said...

Hope you had a fab birthday! Really lovely card - brill attention to detail!

Thx for joining us at Totally Gorjuss and I hope you will be able to join us for our next challenge!

Sarahshandmadecardsx said...

This is a gorgeous card love the the papers used and the beautiful insert. Sarahxx

Marielle said...

Hello =) I found you trough " Magnolia stams " at FB.. Totally gorjuss cards you make.. I love them.